Friday, May 1, 2009

Moms can't try on clothes with kids



So a few weeks ago I took our car in because it was having some problems. The mechanics shop is right by the mall. The kids and I always go to the mall while we wait because there is an indoor park. On our way to the park I saw some cute clothes and I thought I would just try on a few things. I went to the biggest dressing room so the kids would have a little room to run around. They had a great time jumping around and playing. I thought to myself "Wow this is great maybe I can get some more clothes to try on." Almost at that exact moment it happened! Tess and Abe were both standing on the bench, and Abe said "One, two, three GO!" He then gave Tess a big push off and she landed on the ground face first and bit through her tongue. It was terrible. There was so much blood. My first thought was "I don't have a car to take her to the emergency room." Fortunately the bleeding stopped in about a minute and she was pretty much done crying. I was a frazzled nightmare though. Her tongue swelled up so much she wouldn't even shut her mouth. She just drooled constantly the rest of the day. The cut looked terrible. It was black and all around it was purple. It looked so sore. I called the doctor's office and they reassured me things would be fine. I am amazed the next day it had healed so much. I took some pictures when we got home. It was hard to get a good one, but you get the idea. These pictures really don't do it justice

7 comments:

Spencer said...

Ouch! Abe got your tongue?

Spencer said...

Ouch! Abe got your tongue?

Tacie Kerr said...

OUCH!
I hate those kind of motherly moments.

Ann said...

I ached all over when you told me about it, but somehow seeing the pics makes it even worse. She is going to be one tough gal!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Yes! Rachel I'm so excited you got your blog up and running. Did you end up getting the blood out of Tess's clothes? That experience sounds awful.

Ker said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad she's okay. I can't stand to see my kids in pain. Luckily, we haven't had anything major...yet!

Jessica said...

Yes, I know what that is like! But with less blood!