So since we moved here and our duplex has a little more space I have been wanting a nice couch. I figured since we will be here awhile, Donovan has a real job, and my belly is getting so big I don't like the kids sitting on my lap (we only had one chair in our living room so the kids have to sit on my lap to read books and stuff). I have agonized over this decision, "should I get something off craigslist? Should I buy something new?" Anyway I have wanted to do the craigslist thing just because I figured I could get a better deal, but I found out quickly if you aren't the first one to check out a good deal than it is gone. So I was getting frustrated with it all. All of you that know me know what a cheap skate I am and I have never bought a real piece of furniture before so this was a big deal for me. I am sure that this is more than you care to know because this info is boring to you but the exciting part is I got what I wanted today!!!!! I got just what I wanted and I got a great deal! I got a leather couch and two matching chairs. The chair recline too. I got it on craigslist and I happened to be the first one to check them out so I got the good deal this time!!! They are so nice and they look like they are riht from a furniture store there is no wear at all! So these are my new babies. I hope my kids treat them as gentle as you should treat a new baby. Spencer said he gives them a week before they have scratches. We could only fit one chair and the couch in the living room the other chair is in Abe's room.
Monday, February 15, 2010
My New Babies!!!!
So since we moved here and our duplex has a little more space I have been wanting a nice couch. I figured since we will be here awhile, Donovan has a real job, and my belly is getting so big I don't like the kids sitting on my lap (we only had one chair in our living room so the kids have to sit on my lap to read books and stuff). I have agonized over this decision, "should I get something off craigslist? Should I buy something new?" Anyway I have wanted to do the craigslist thing just because I figured I could get a better deal, but I found out quickly if you aren't the first one to check out a good deal than it is gone. So I was getting frustrated with it all. All of you that know me know what a cheap skate I am and I have never bought a real piece of furniture before so this was a big deal for me. I am sure that this is more than you care to know because this info is boring to you but the exciting part is I got what I wanted today!!!!! I got just what I wanted and I got a great deal! I got a leather couch and two matching chairs. The chair recline too. I got it on craigslist and I happened to be the first one to check them out so I got the good deal this time!!! They are so nice and they look like they are riht from a furniture store there is no wear at all! So these are my new babies. I hope my kids treat them as gentle as you should treat a new baby. Spencer said he gives them a week before they have scratches. We could only fit one chair and the couch in the living room the other chair is in Abe's room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Love it! We have leather couches too. So far Wesley likes to pound on them. And he has tried to eat them once or twice.
Good purchase.
Super nice, Rachel. I am jealous!!! Fun to see updates.
Wow Good for you Rachel, You deserve a real couch it's like a milestone in life "new couches in the front room" Enjoy! Especially with the pregnancy I noticed it is just nice for each kid to have a place to sit :) I like the color.
Post a Comment